Welcome to CoDa-course online
We offer an online training course on the statistical treatment and
modelling of compositional data and the interpretation of the models or
applications involved. The course is accredited by the International
Association for Mathematical Geosciences (IAMG) since 2011.
The CoDa-course online provides an introduction to theoretical and practical aspects of the statistical analysis of compositional data. This course will present the current state of the art in this field of active research and will cover the following topics:
- Hypothesis underlying statistical data analysis (sample space, scale).
- The Aitchison geometry of the simplex.
- Coordinate representation; distributions on the simplex.
- Exploratory analysis (centring, variation array, biplot, balances-dendrogram).
- Linear processes in the simplex; regression.
- Irregular data: missing data, zero values, and oultiers.
- Introduction to multivariate analysis: cluster analysis, MANOVA and discriminant analysis.
These topics will be complemented with an introduction to available software.
Those enrolling are recommended to have first taken some first year/semester courses on statistics. Basic knowledge about multivariate statistics will also be very beneficial.
Course language: English
Schedule: Flexible study schedule. Once a student registers a one year deadline is then allocated to complete the practical worksheets and the course activities.
Registration: Fill in the form from the Registration menu.
Certificate: A diploma attesting to the satisfactory completion of the course will be provided.
For further information about the course structure please visit