IASC-ERS summer school on
data analysis, imparted at the premises of the
University of Girona
(UdG), is supported by the European Regional Section of the
Association for Statistical Computing (http://www.iasc-isi.org/).
- Organized by: IASC-ERC summer
school on CoDA is organized by the Research Group on
Statistical MEthods in resTRICted spaceS, whose acronym is METRICS.
(Contact: Dr. J.A. Martín-Fernández: firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Language of the course:
- Timetable: 9:00-17:00, including coffee-breaks and lunches
(i.e. 30 class room hrs).
- Location: The course will take place
at the room "Sala d'actes", Building P 4, in
Campus Montilivi of the UdG, (E-17071) Girona. [Coord: 41°57'46.97"N
- Registration Fees:
- Students: without accommodation: € 150; with
accommodation € 275.
- Regular: without accommodation: € 250; with accommodation
- IASC and ISI members receive an additional discount of
Students can apply for a reduced fee,
by sending to
proof of their condition (scanned
membership card, university documentation, etc.).
: The fee includes all course
material, coffee breaks, lunches and dinner on Thursday. The fee with
accommodation also includes a room (5 nights; Sunday to Friday) in a
student residency (http://www.resa.es/eng/Residences/Campus-de-Montilivi
It will be a basic room (bed and bathroom) with shared kitchen and
living room. Sheets and towels will be provided at the residence.
Breakfast is not included.
- Deadline Payment: 2014 May
- Account bank number:
- Bank: Caixa d'Estalvis i Pensions de Barcelona
C/Santa Clara 9-11, E-17001 - GIRONA (Spain)
- IBAN: ES33 2100 8332 2323 0002 7660
- SWIFT-CODE: CAIXESBBXXX
- Account Number 2100 8332 2323 0002 7660
- Account Holder: CoDaCourse2014
- Please, note that all
the bank commissions must be
paid by the applicant.
- Refund Policy: Paid registrants who
cannot attend, and
do not send a substitute,
will be refunded with a cancellation fee of € 80 if a request
received in writing one month before the course (i.e. before June 1,
2014). Registrants are liable for their full
fees after that date
(i.e., NO Refund will be made).
- Recomendations: It is recommended
that attendants have undergone some first
semester courses on statistics. Basic knowledge
about multivariate statistics are also very handy. Exercises
done with freeware CoDaPack (http://ima.udg.edu/codapack/).
Other interesting tools are the packages
"GUIcompositions", "compositions" and "robCompositions" from the open
source statistical environment R. Attendants are strongly
bring their own laptops for practicals with all the software previously
installed. If some assistant is unable to bring
any laptop or have
troubles to install such software, it is recommended to contact us at
- More info: On June 4 you will
receive more information and detailed instructions
to attend the course.
- Certificate: Attendance certificate
will be provided.